- Sweep a small amount of foundation over your mouth before applying lipstick, so the color shows up bold and doesn’t rub off easily.
- Line your lips with red pencil to create a strong shape.
- Smooth bright red over your entire lip. Intensify the color in the center of the mouth with a darker red to create depth.
- Soften the edge of your lip line with a cotton ball. This creates a modern feel that looks a little worn-in.
- Once you’re happy with the shape and color, gently place a tissue sprinkled with face powder over your mouth for an even more matte effect.
Click through below for some of our favorite matte red lipsticks!