Master Class: How to Create the Perfect Matte Red Lip
This bright-without-being-too-shocking, super-pretty, wondrously opaque, totally wearable red at the spring Burberry show was by far our favorite lip look of the entire season. Makeup artist Wendy Rowe—who created it—says it's easy to do yourself.
- Sweep a small amount of foundation over your mouth before applying lipstick, so the color shows up bold and doesn’t rub off easily.
- Line your lips with red pencil to create a strong shape.
- Smooth bright red over your entire lip. Intensify the color in the center of the mouth with a darker red to create depth.
- Soften the edge of your lip line with a cotton ball. This creates a modern feel that looks a little worn-in.
- Once you’re happy with the shape and color, gently place a tissue sprinkled with face powder over your mouth for an even more matte effect.
Click through below for some of our favorite matte red lipsticks!