The Minimalist Manicure You Need To Try Now
More on Luckymag.com:
- NYFW Day Four: Our Editors' Favorite Moments
- Fashion Week Illustrated: Artist Samantha Hahn's Painted Take On the NYFW Runways
- Alexander Wang Spring 2014: Laser-Cut Logos, 'Booblums' And A Banging Soundtrack
- NYFW Spring 2014 Street Style
- On-the-Go Beauty Products You Need In Your Bag For Fashion Week
Backstage at Tibi last Saturday, I was immediately attracted to the minimalist black and white designs painted on all the models' fingertips, courtesy of the polish masters at JINsoon. After several seasons of seeing crazy nail art upon even crazier nail art, such simplicity felt like cool breath of fresh air.
After accosting a few girls for some Instagram pictures (yep, I took this one!), I stopped by the manicure station for the scoop. As it turns out, the look was more than just a cool aesthetic choice—the clean design was inspired by nomadic Americans in the 1920s; each black line comes from the universal traveler symbol "all right." For such an involved backstory, however, the look is incredibly each to recreate at home. Click through the slideshow above for an easy how-to.