Rugby Takes On Gossip Girl
As fate would have it, next season the cast of Gossip Girl is college-bound, so with that in mind, we thought it might be time for a lesson on how anyone can get Gossip Girl style with our rebellious Rugby spin. Check out our five rules for college-bound dressing after the jump.
1. Bright Young Thing. Jenny can tell you you'll never get ahead trying to be a wallflower. A green wool miniskirt, yellow cable-knit sweater, and striped purple socks do go together. You're young, beautiful and attending a fabulous school--show it off!
2. The Little Things. As Blair Waldorf and her infamous headbands prove, it's all in the details. Whether it's a bright wool beret, a tie accent, stacks of bracelets, or a pair of argyle knee-socks, you should never miss an accessorizing opportunity.
3. It's tradition. A true Gossip Girl knows the rules before she breaks them. In other words, don't be afraid to stick to tradition and pile on the heritage elements. Wear a rugby or oxford with a shrunken blazer and skinny cords, and top off the look with accessories like ties and university scarves. More is more.
4. Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl. Vanessa knows the value of a male BFF--and how to borrow from his look. Drive the boys in class crazy with your playful take on the masculine-feminine thing. Girly elements like knee socks or slim plants pair beautifully with a boyfriend cardigan or skinny oxford and menswear-inspired accessories, like newsboy caps and bow ties.
5. XO MYO. What's worse that showing up to prom wearing the same dress as your arch frenemy? Picture the same scenario on your first day of classes. Ensure that no one copies your look by adding varsity patches and colorful monograms to your favorite blazers, cardigans and miniskirts.
More from Luckymag.com:
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!
- FILED UNDER