A Look Back at NYFW: Top 10 Parties
All week, we will be looking back at the highlights of New York Fashion Week. To begin: a rundown of our favorite parties.
1) Fashion's Night Out (FNO) - With everyone out on the streets--editors, designers, celebrities, New Yorkers--it felt like a New Year's celebration. Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen bartended at Barneys, while Bette Midler, Barbara Walters and Sarah Jessica Parker joined Oscar de la Renta in serenading customers in his Madison Avenue store!
2) Paper Magazine 25th Anniversary - Uptown met downtown when Paper Magazine hosted an extravaganza at the New York Public Library to celebrate its 25th anniversary. There were performances by Queen Latifah, The Virgins, and Liza Minnelli, who brought down the house with her rendition of 'New York, New York'.
3) Rachel Zoe Party at The Standard Hotel - The glamourquotient at The Standard could not have been any higher when Rachel Zoehosted a party for the new season of her reality TV show, "The Rachel Zoe Project."Holding court on the banquettes were aspiring actress Tallulah Harlech;and socials Tinsley Mortimer, Jackie Astier, and Fabiola Beracasa.
(Marc Jacobs Spring 2010 Collection Party )
4) Marc Jacobs After Show Party - Marc Jacobs and Lady GaGa in one room! Enough said.
5 & 6) Charlotte Ronson/ Rag & Bone After Party - Same night, same venue, different floors. But all of this changed when Charlotte Ronson and the boys from Rag & Bone realized they were both hosting their after-show parties in the same venue at the same time. The two separate parties merged, and the invited guests made their way from one floor to the next to toast the designers on their spring/summer collections.
(Alexander Wang Spring 2010 Collection Party )
7) Alexander Wang Party - The thought of models at a gas station conjures thoughts of Zoolander -esque pratfalls. This was definitely not the case with Alexander Wang's party, held in the Mobil Station on the Westside Highway. Despite the many cigarettes smoked right next to the outdoor gas tanks, there were (thankfully) no explosions. Instead, guests were treated to live sets from Courtney Love and Santigold.
8) D'Squared Party - In New York to launch their latest eyewear collection, twins Dean & Dan Caten of D'Squared2 brought out all their celeb friends--Mary J Blige, Hilary Duff, Rachel Zoe and Ciara--to help them celebrate. With good weather on their side, the rooftop party was a hit.
9) Nicholas Kirkwood Party - Shoe designer du jour Nicholas Kirkwood transported his brand of London cool to New York for a party at the Tribeca Grand. Not only did it feel like we were at the Shoreditch house spotting Lily Allen at the corner table, most of the guests would have fit right in at Hoxton Square after a night out at Boombox.
(Another Magazine Dinner Party )
10) Another Magazine Party - During all the Fashion Week craziness, Another Magazine hosted a nicely quiet to do at the Jane with appearances by Bjork, Courtney Love, and Kirsten Dunst. The peace was short lived, however: After dinner, the room was cleared to make way for performances by the Horrors and a DJ set by the MisShapes.
More from Luckymag.com:
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!