Burning Question: Fashion-Editor Beauty Emergency in Milan!
WE HERE AT LUCKY DESPERATELY NEED YOUR ADVICE. An anonymous member of our fashion team has--not for the first time--nearly succeeded in burning down her Milan hotel with her flat iron.
Not the flat iron's fault: A bad electrical converter started sending out sparks. "About 4 minutes later, my room smelled like I had blown up an auto plant--smoldering steel, motor and coils and whatever else is in that thing. The towel it was resting on looked like a perfectly seared t-bone. So, what's the answer to this situation? Truth be told, this isn't the first time I've nearly caused an inferno. Is there a converter that actually works with US hair appliances or do I have to buy a blow dryer/iron for every country I travel to?"
More from Luckymag.com:Help! Battling Blow Dryer Options
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!
- FILED UNDER