Lancome Violet Eye Shadow: Having a Fashion Moment
Amethyst eyeshadow also ruled the runways at Victoria Beckham (where models wore a mix of Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadows in Trendy and Drama) and Chris Benz (Lancome again: soft pink and cool lavender tones).What's so great about purple eye shadow is that it really does enhance any eye color. And even if you're not into the big new color-block makeup trend, there's an easy way to make the shade truly flattering.
1) Start with a pale base shadow in ivory or lilac.
2) Layer violet shadow on top until you reach the depth of color you like. Prepare to experiment: The subtler the effect, the easier it will be to pull off.
3) Smudge black liner along your lash line for definition.
4) Curl your lashes and use extra mascara.
5) If necessary, sweep a bit of violet shadow along your lower lashes. (Start sparingly; you can always add more.)
The softer-edged look, at Chris Benz:
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!