5 Quick Layering Tips to Keep You Warm Without Adding Bulk
1. Boyfriend Cardigan: J.Crew does the perfect boyfriend cardigan. In wool or cashmere, it is skinny enough to stick under your coat or fur vest, but still gives you that extra layer of warmth.
2. Nubby Tights: I love black tights. They make that scandalously short skirt passable for the office, and they are functional! Throw on Hue's thick, soft tights, pair them with your summer platforms and a dress, and you're off.
3. Fur Vest: Whether faux or real, fur is a surefire way to stay warm. Stick your vest over a T-shirt, belt it for a slim silhouette and you're set. Fabulous Fursdoes a faux Mongolian lamb vest that had us all swearing it was straight off the Ann Demeulemeester runway.
4. Thigh-High Boots: Gone are the days of Pretty Woman connotations with thigh-high boots. Over-the-knee boots, both flat and high, are a chic way to stay warm and show off your legs, whether in skinny jeans or a cute skirt with tights. Ralph Lauren does a gorgeous black suede high-heeled boot. Jessica Simpson's line offers a more budget-friendly option.
5. Skinny Shirts: The office was buzzing this morning when word came around that Skinny Shirts had hit the market. These shirts are thin enough to layer under your favorite cashmere sweater, while adding an adorable Peter Pan collar to your ensemble, and they keep you warm to boot! Genius.
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!