Motivating Workout Gear: 21 Days of Resolutions
Day 2I am one of those shoppers who likes to wear her purchases immediately. And I don't just mean the next day, I am talking, "Oh you can throw away the box because I am going to put them on right now, thank you very much," immediately. Since 2011 has started with a downward spiral of temperatures in New York and the nasty aftermath of a giant snowstorm, it seems that new gym clothes might be my saving grace for consistent workouts. Check out my favorite gym-bunny looks--definitely cute enough to haul myself out of bed and out the door.
1. Run Performance Tank, $70, shopadidas.com. In a pink as pretty as her eco-friendly gowns, this Stella McCartney tank top manages to be both functional and girly.
2. Groovy Run Shorts, $54, lululemon.com. With a wide, stretchy waist band at the top like a pair of bike shorts, but breathable, looser openings at the legs, these are perfect for any cardio workout.
3. Bra Cup Racerback Empire Tank, $42, athleta.com. Simple and supportive, this elegant racerback basic wicks away moisture and flatters every figure.
4. Propel Knee Shorts, $48,lucy.com. Somewhere between a short-short and a legging, these offer coverage without causing overheating.
5. Blue Canoe E Tank C715, $65, bluecanoe.com. Since this top has a fully lined bra built in you don't have to worry about finding undergarments to match its elegantly draped open back.
6. Cotton Spandex Jersey Cycle Shorts, $48 for a 3-pack, americanapparel.com. These affordable, all-purpose shorts are beyond comfortable, work for every possible activity AND are available in a rainbow of colors.
7. Women's UA Victory Tank, $19.99, underarmour.com. Don't be deceived by this versatile white top's understated facade: Hidden within the fabric are vents to release excess body heat as you build up a sweat.
8. Nike Printed 2.5" Shorts, $20, zappos.com. Color-blocking in feminine fuchsia and violet is sure to put a smile on your face during your fitness routine.
10.Women's Side Mesh Running Shorts, $15,oldnavy.com. I love how these are a little old school, like something you would wear to track practice in high school.
What go-to gym basics are you planning to buy this year?
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!