Stylish but Practical Footwear: 21 Days of Resolutions
What, exactly, is the best way to stay warm and dry without looking completely sloppy?This year I am streamlining my morning footwear deliberation into a no-brainer routine--cute waterproof boots with skinnies or tights outside and a tiny rolled-up pair of flats in my purse for later. Here are some of my favorite combos:
1. Loeffler Randall rain boots with back zip, $195, loefflerrandall.com. Just like the trademark leather boots they are modeled after, these sleek boots have a subtle, leg-lengthening wedge.
4. Porselli ballerina flats, $122.50,usonline.apc.fr. A rusty red pairs well with worn-in corduroys during the winter but sets off a crisp white dress perfectly after the snow has melted.
6. Lula ballet flats, $118,jcrew.com. A sunny slip-on at the office is sure to stand out against everyone else's winter darks.
8. Bloch Classic Pearl ballet flats, $145, winknyc.com. Sophisticated and versatile--I can't think of a thing that these cap-toe flats wouldn't go with!
10. Foldable ballerina flats with travel bag, $179,neimanmarcus.com. For a pair of flats that fold up to a size smaller than your fist, these bronze ballerinas pack a lot of punch.
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!