Statement Jewelry: 21 Days of Resolutions
Statement jewelry has always made me a little nervous. Not that I don't love the look--I just never think I can pull it off. When faced with a gorgeous jeweled bib at Barneys my thoughts are always the same: I'm not tall enough. It would overwhelm me. Maybe a nice charm necklace instead. And while I'm not about to stack bangles or pile multiple chains around my neck, I would like to start the new year with a fresh attitude toward accessorizing. In order to wear jewelry with maximum impact I am keeping the rest of my look minimal with one focal point per ensemble. Here are the picks I am using to enhance, not overwhelm, my daily look:
1. Oscar de la Renta Hammered Earrings, $175, saks.com. Regal, textural earrings really shine against a workday suit.
2. Banana Republic Ariel Necklace, $79.50,bananarepublic.com. Wear a wild, pre-layered necklace with a simple white tee to keep the overall effect effortless.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Zaza Chevron Bangle, $78, zappos.com. A tribal printed bangle adds a point of interest to basic winter cashmeres.
4. Knotted Twist Necklace, $98,jcrew.com. The ladylike rocker juxtaposition of this necklace will keep your little black dress from looking like a cliche.
5. Alexis Bittar Champagne Dust Pave Dome Ring, $255, shopbop.com. Opt to wear streamlined solids with this chunky bauble so not to distract from its glittering crystals.
6. Feather Ear Cuffs, $18,freepeople.com. An eye-catching riff on the feather trend, these dramatic sparklers require nothing more than a simple bun and clean-washed face.
How do you wear statement jewelry? What is your accessorizing style? Simple or "more is more"?
Day 12: Seventies Denim
Day 13:Double Duty Dresses
Day 14: Healthy Investments
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!