Style How-To: Max Out Your Maxiskirt
From runway to street style, there is no questioning the popularity and dramatic allure of the maxiskirt. Stylish celebs like Kate Bosworth, Olivia Palermoand supermodel Hilary Rhoda have shown us just how chic it can be, for day or night. The challenge is wearing it without looking overdressed or, worse, like a grandma (note: we love our grandmas). The maxi is surprisingly versatile, and with the right styling pieces, you can wear it anywhere from the office to a weekend brunch to a chic party. We take three skirts and a closet full of basics to create six fabulous looks. Take note, and go long!
2. Urban Cool: If you're a downtown hipster, a leather jacket is a must. Add some kick-ass boots and an edgy Alex Wang bag, and you've mastered tough chicness.
3. Vintage Romantic: Our ALC skirt is irresistibly romantic when layered with an oversize sweater, floral scarf and bohemian jewelry.
4. Evening Glamour: A maxiskirt for evening is ladylike and dramatic--just add a gorgeous top and earrings. The cropped blazer makes it more put-together, but is totally optional.
5. Parisian Chic: Simple and classic, just layer a deep-V sweater over your maxi and keep accessories to a minimum.
6. Laid-Back Weekend: A little cropped sweater, a denim jacket and rugged boots are all you need to take your maxiskirt on a laid-back weekend.
For more style and celebrity news, click here to visit FabSugar.
What's with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We're sure that you've noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware--we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don't stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!
- FILED UNDER