Small Business Saturday: Great Deals Without Waking Up at 5AM
If Black Friday's early call time and long lines stress you out, you might want to consider shopping the next day instead. Dubbed "Small Business Saturday" by Paper magazine, November 26 includes over 200 local restaurants and boutiques in San Francisco, Chicago and New York City.
Visit the event's Facebook page to download one-day deals in your metro area. Details for Chicago and San Francisco haven't been released yet (coming soon!), but we've been pouring over the itinerary for NYC all morning. Here's a few of the discounts and freebies we're most excited to enjoy:
- Screaming Mimi's: One New York's premiere vintage emporiums will be offering a special holiday gift bag of "nostalgia candy" with a purchase of $25 of more.
- Wool & the Gang: Buy a kit or knitwear item at this crafty yarn boutique and get a second one half off. (Tip: Those knitting kits make AMAZING holiday gifts!)
- Bird: Discount or not Bird is always worth the outer-borough trip. However, for this day only customers receive a free Satpua soap and Mast Brothers chocolate bar with their purchase or $250 or more. Sold!
- Stuart & Wright: Score 15 percent off all full priced merchandise (which includes pieces from A.P.C., Isabel Marant and Steven Alan), free drinks and complementary gift wrapping.
- Fox & Fawn: Receive a free vintage charm with every purchase at this buy, sell and trade secondhand shop.
For additional information on these deals and more, check out Small Business Saturday on Facebook.
More on Luckymag.com:
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine