Paisley Prints Get a Second Chance For Spring
The following is a guest post from our friends at FabSugar.
The psychedelic motif of the '60s and '70s has transformed into a fresh, modern way to wear prints for Spring 2012. Runways were full of the swirly, kidney-shaped pattern, and designers like Jil Sander, Stella McCartney, Etro and more showed the in-your-face print on dresses, tops, and even jumpsuits.
Paisley has largely Indian and Iranian roots, and interest in the print really flourished after the pilgrimage of the Beatles to India in 1968 (fun fact: it originally started out as a menswear print). Whether you choose a vibrant top or dress, or get a pop of paisley via a silk scarf or pair of earrings, you don't want to miss out on this playful, totally groovy print. Click here now to see and shop 15 of our favorite iterations for the coming season.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Meaghan Rath: Syfy's Secret Style Star
- Kate Middleton's Printed Orla Kiely Coat: Four Similar Options You Can Buy Right Now
- Tavi Gevinson and Cyndi Lauper Star in the Orla Kiely for Uniqlo Campaign
- Really Cool Glasses for the Vision Impaired (And Those Who Fake It)
- Shop the Front Row: Mulberry Fall 2012
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER