Alice + Olivia Wants You to Get Into Their Pants
Stacey Bendet's Alice + Olivia label might be known for many things—pretty party dresses, wear-anywhere leggings and platform heels chief among them. But the brand originally launched back in 2002 as a pants line known for its stellar fit and fabrics. And to celebrate Alice + Olivia's 10 years in the business, the company went for a guerrilla approach to promoting those ever-popular pants.
Last week, the A + O team stealthily distributed matchboxes, cocktail napkins and even condoms branded with the slogan "Get Into Our Pants" around NYC. Curious, New Yorkers began blogging and tweeting about the mysterious products, none of which bore the Alice + Olivia logo. You might've even spied a tweet or two from us about the cheeky tagline.
After a week of (admittedly amusing) confusion, the brand's involvement in the campaign was revealed this morning when, via a live Times Square installation, Bendet and her team reenacted shots from the label's first-ever ad campaign against a "Get Into Our Pants"-branded backdrop. Check out an image from today's grand reveal at left, and the print campaign shots below. Do they make you want to get into Bendet's legendary pants?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Alice + Olivia's New Scarf Collab is a Little Arty, a Little Palm Beach
- Shailene Woodley Loves Shopping at Thrift Stores—But Was Scouting Oscars Options at the Honor Show
- BCBG Max Azria Fall 2012: Geometric Lines and Fancy Fur
- Christie Brinkley and Rose McGowan Couldn't Walk in Their Heels at the Heart Truth Red Dress Collection Show
- Nicholas K Fall 2012: Cowgirls That Are Anything But Country
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER