Richard Chai Fall 2012: Woolen Stripes and Pockets Aplenty
The Scene: If you couldn't already tell that this guy's an industry favorite, all you needed to do was glance at the front row. Nicola Formichetti, Poppy Delevigne and Chai's fellow designer BFF Phillip Lim were all in attendance.
The Soundtrack: The Smiths' hit "How Soon is Now?" Perfection.
The Look: Chai has always loved the layered look, but it seems as though his new gig as creative director of Filson has given his collection a more utilitarian edge. There were oversized cargo pockets on coats and anoraks; models wore hiking-style heeled boots over scrunched-down grey socks. But staying true to his signature masculine-feminine look, Chai mixed in some polished blanket-stripe wool separates, burgundy florals and chiffon palazzo pants to balance out all that sportiness. Be careful when test-driving those floaty trousers, though—we saw not one, but two models nearly topple over when their hems got trapped under their heels.
Pieces We Want: We swooned for those blue, grey and purple blanket-stripe wools, and a boxy floral boyfriend blazer that was quintessentially Richard Chai.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Richard Chai is Filson's New Creative Director
- BCBG Max Azria Fall 2012: Geometric Lines and Fancy Fur
- Rachel Comey is Back in Black for Fall 2012
- Shailene Woodley Loves Shopping at Thrift Stores—But Was Scouting Oscars Options at the Honor Show
- Gretchen Jones Fall 2012: Pastel Ikat Prints and Basket-Woven Accents
- FILED UNDER