Elizabeth Banks Blogs: Getting Ready For The Hunger Games Premiere
My makeup artist and friend Fiona Stiles is here with a guest blog about the Effie-esque look she created for Monday’s The Hunger Games premiere. Enjoy!
The dress Elizabeth was wearing was an electric orange Versace Couture mini that was part retro, part futuristic and totally amazing. I have always thought that Elizabeth looks a lots like a young Jane Fonda, so I used Jane Fonda from Barbarella as a reference for the makeup; a strong brow, a black line on the eye and the rest of the face left neutral and glowing. It was Jane Jetson meets Barbarella with a dash of The Valley of the Dolls.
I started by prepping her skin and doing a lip scrub. After moisturizing, I applied foundation, concealer, highlighter along the bridge of the nose and a cream bronzer under the cheekbones and set everything with loose powder. A dusting of a luminous peach blush added a healthy glow to the cheeks. I used an ash brown pencil to fill in the brows, giving them a bit of definition and length.
For the eyes, I used a soft, pale neutral over the whole lid and then a warm camel in the crease and under the lower lashes. On the top lid, I used a black pencil to line the eye and then used a gel liner over that, since the gel liners don't budge once they're on. I added some individual lashes to open up the eyes and add flirty length. A warm peach on the lips was the perfect complement to her golden sun kissed skin.
Here are the products I used:
1) Foundation: Armani Luminous Silk #5.5 2) Concealer: Tarte Maracuja concealer in "Medium" 3) Powder: Chanel Loose Powder #30 4) Bronzer: NARS "Cap Vert" 5) Blush: Edward Bess in "Monte Carlo" 6) Luminizer: Benefit "Sun Beam" 7) Brow Pencil: Anastasia Brow Wiz in "Medium Ash" Shadows: Three Custom Color"Cool Camel" and "Warm Pebble" 8) Liner: MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" 9) Mascara: Lancome Virtuose in Black 10) Lips: Chantecaille gloss in "Folly"
For the rest of this story and others, please visit ElizabethBanks.com.
More on Luckymag.com:
- The Hunger Games Premiere: Shop Jennifer Lawrence and Elizabeth Banks' Red Carpet Looks Now
- Hunger Games Makeup! How to Get Jennifer Lawrence's California Glow
- Hunger Games Hair! Jennifer Lawrence's Gorgeous, Anti-Katniss Look
- Elizabeth Banks Lets Us Peek Inside Her Closet
- Shop Looks from CFDA Award Nominees, Including Proenza Schouler, Marc Jacobs and More!
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER