Nicole Richie Shares the Style Moment She Most Regrets
Nicole Richie is known not only for her two successful fashion lines—House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate—but also her polished public persona. We rarely spot the well-dressed mother and entrepreneur in anything but enviably gorgeous outfits, regardless of whether she working as a Fashion Star mentor or hanging out with her children. But before she developed her effortless style sense, the star wore a few things she seriously regrets—and no, we're not talking about her overalls from The Simple Life. (Hey, it was the early aughts. We all wore questionable clothes.)
"I was a huge Punky Brewster fan and I used to wear a green sock and a red sock and then wear a white shoe and a black shoe because I wanted to be just like [her]," Richie admitted to us. "My mom wouldn’t take me anywhere. She was mortified. I did not understand it at all. She told me 'Don't take pictures in that outfit because you’re going to look back and you’re going to look nuts.' And, you know, I never want to give my mom too much credit about being right but she was right in this particular situation."
While the idea of Nicole wearing this type of get-up now is laughable, we think she's being a bit hard on herself. She was probably a pretty cute Punky Brewster fan girl! Did you have any crazy outfits you insisted on wearing as a young kid? Tell us in the comments below!
More on Luckymag.com:
- Shoe Designer Kathryn Amberleigh is Opening a Los Angeles Outpost Soon, But You Can Shop Her Plentiful Designs Now
- Nine Pairs of Non-Boring But Classic Black Pumps
- Rag & Bone and Hampden are Throwing a Party—And You're Invited
- Watch This: Net-a-Porter's Designer Shoe Tightrope Act
- Guess Celebrates Its 30th Anniversary with Claudia Schiffer and a 15-Piece Capsule Collection
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER