Peep Tom Ford's Ultra-Luxurious New Optical Frames
Tom Ford, purveyor of all things luxurious and amazing, has nearly managed to outdo himself with his new special-edition collection of super-fancy optical styles. Inspired by '50s-era eyewear, the frames are crafted from exotic water buffalo horn and gold-plated metal, and will come in both men's and women's styles.
Each pair from the collection, which hits Tom Ford stores in April, will cost you a cool $2,950—but obviously, that sticker price will earn you more than just a new pair of specs. You'll also get a certificate of authenticity and a cleansing cream and chamois cloth to keep that precious striped horn in mint condition. And the whole package comes in a special Bakelite box stamped with the designer's minimalist logo.
We could certainly envision George Falconer, Colin Firth's dashing character from Ford's film A Single Man, in these T-bar frames. But would you shell out nearly $3k on glasses? Let us know, and flip through all four available styles below.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Ford Almighty: I Met Tom Ford and He Loved my Zara Dress (Really!)
- Really Cool Glasses for the Vision Impaired (And Those Who Fake It)
- Jessica Chastain's Alexander McQueen Oscars Dress is Available for $29,000 on Net-a-Porter—Might We Offer Some Alternatives?
- Lucky Haul: Marni for H&M Edition
- Paris Fashion Week Fall 2012: Our 10 Favorite Collections
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine