Where Would You Go in a 2012 Subaru Impreza?
Yeah, so, we didn't make it to the Kentucky Derby this past weekend, because one of the other editors "borrowed" the 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i 5-Door Sport Limited—the one you could totally win when you "like" us on Facebook. But was it Jean Godfrey-June, Elle Strauss, Lauren Sherman, Adrianna Barrionueva, Amy Elliott or John Jannuzzi? (Let's face it, it was probably him).
Anyway, there's more to the Subaru than the roomy trunk that previously served as our inspiration point—namely, a super-cool navigation system, great mileage, stellar safety features—and it's got us talking about all the cool places we could drive to in it, from shopping destinations to dress-to-impress events. So this time around we ask the editors: Where would you go in a 2012 Subaru Impreza (and what would you bring with you)?
First up: contributing editor Sally Lynch, who's heading to the fashionable horse races at the 137th Preakness in Baltimore, Maryland.
"I love watching the races on TV, but seeing it live would be much more exciting. All of the hats—it's not just a Derby thing—would be worth the drive alone!"
1. Brooks Brothers Audrey Derby Hat—"For Preakness, your hat needs some embellishments." ($298, BROOKSBROTHERS.COM)
2. Loeffler Randall Anja Mignon Wedge—"Wedges are great for maneuvering through grass and dirt." ($375, LOEFFLERRANDALL.COM)
3. Lilly Pulitzer Jeanette Dress—"This bright springy dress is perfect for the races." ($328, LILLYPULITZER.COM)
4. J.Crew Brompton Straw Clutch—"A simple fold-over clutch in toffee goes with everything. Done." ($128, JCREW.COM)
5. Stella & Dot Sofia Pearl Bib Necklace—"Pearls are a must for any racing event." ($118, STELLADOT.COM)
More on Luckymag.com:
- Keep Up With Lucky Breaks on Pinterest!
- Tons of Incredible June Giveaways
- Major Deals from the June Issue
- Win a Trip to Napa Valley!
- Check Out Our Lucky Breaks Winners and See What They Scored!
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER