May Sales: 10 Websites With Big Savings
Today is May 1 which means that from now until the end of summer, prices on warm weather merchandise will dip lower and lower to make room for incoming fall collections. Since sale season is just beginning, this is the time to begin your bargain-hunting—before sizes and styles dwindle. Here's 10 great places to start:
1. Openingceremony.com: Sure, it's always fun to poke around Opening Ceremony in person, but when it comes to sale shopping, you'll have better luck online—there are more options and everything is easier to sort through. This morning, we spotted 500 marked-down goodies in the women's section alone, including these really cool Christopher Kane T-shirts that won't cost you this month's rent.
2. Barneys.com: This department store's sale selection is rife with great transitional pieces for those awkward weather days with 45° mornings that turn into 74° afternoons—such as this midweight sweater and these cropped pastel jeans. Plus, until May 6, you'll receive a $25 gift card for every $250 you spend online.
3. Rag-bone.com: Discounted items don't offically hit Rag & Bone's website until tomorrow, but we received access to its Friends and Family sale early. Visit now for first dibs on this season's styles for crazy good prices.
4. Intermix.com: All month long, this boutique's clearance section is full of luxe labels—including Vince, NSF and L'Agence—marked up to 60 percent off. And an extra bonus: Fill your cart with over $150 worth of clothes and get free shipping.
5. Asos.com: When Asos starts slashing prices, it's like Christmas has come early—inexpensive fashion made even cheaper? Um, yes please. Right now, there are thousands of options at up to 70 percent off with new styles added each week.
6. Jcrew.com: The e-commerce portion of the preppy-cool label recently updated its perennial sale section with seasonally appropriate pieces. But, as fans of the brand may know, you should wait until it has an "extra 30 percent off sale" promotion. These regularly occur every few weeks, usually right before the weekend. When it does happen (fingers crossed for Friday!), we call dibs on these pastel cropped pants.
7. Shopbop.com: Shopbop is another one of those e-tailers that has a year-round clearance section that gets way better during certain seasons. Right now the selection—divided by 30, 50 and 70 percent off—is looking awfully good, thanks to a bunch of new styles just added today.
8. Bananarepublic.com: Not only has its site just discounted a new batch of product, but until tomorrow night (May 2) at 11:59 EST, you'll receive an extra 25 percent off your purchase—full-priced pieces included—with the code BRBETTER.
9. Piperlime.com: Thousands of discounted apparel and accessories options from labels like Marc by Marc Jacobs, Tucker and Trina Turk. Shipping is always free and, until tomorrow, you'll receive 20 percent off all summer sandals with the code SUMMER—browse them here.
10. Betsey Johnson: Since most Betsey Johnson freestanding stores are closing this month, the brand is having one of those once-in-a-lifetime, "everything must go" kind of sales. Everything that is already marked down (and most things are) gets slashed by another 40 percent upon checkout.
- FILED UNDER