Get the Look: Elizabeth Banks at the MTV Movie Awards
For the MTV Movie Awards, Elizabeth wore a really cool Elie Saab jumpsuit. She was covered tip to toe, but with the plunging lace neckline and fitted shape it was very, very sexy. For the makeup we went with a strong eye and a neutral lip. It looked great with her easy breezy top knot, which was done by Jenny Cho.
After I prepped her skin, I applied foundation and concealer, then took a liquid luminizer and patted it on to the bridge of her nose and along her cheekbones. I set the face with loose powder and applied a bit of blush to her cheeks.
For the eyes, I used two different colors to achieve a smoky eye: a shimmery grey on the bottom lid and a purple on the top lid; it gives a little bit of a twist to a smoky eye. I lined the inside of the eye with a dark grey and then smudged the grey liner into the lower lashes, blending it down into the skin. I took the grey shadow and swept it over the liner, effectively setting the liner and making the color stronger. For the top of the lid, I smudged the grey liner along the top lashes, and then applied a dusting of the plum shadow over the lid. I used the shimmery pink in the quad to add a little highlight to the inner corners of her eyes, and the lilac color to blend the purple up and out. When I finished the eyes, I used a brown brow pencil to strengthen and slightly elongate Elizabeth's brows.
I used my finger to pat on the lip color so that it was less a lipstick and more of a stain. It's nice because there's color to the lips, without the sheen of a lipstick or a gloss. It makes the look feel a little cooler and less done.
For more from Elizabeth, visit ElizabethBanks.com.
1. Moisturizer: Yonka Pamplemousse, $56 / 2. Primer: VS Pro FX Face Primer SPF 20, $18 / 3. Foundation: Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation 5.5, $39.68 / 4. Concealer: VS Pro Camouflage FX Concealer Palette / 5. Luminizer: VS Pro Radiant FX Face Illuminator, $15 / 6. Powder: VS Minerals Pressed Face Powder in Light, $3.99 / 7. Blush: Beauty Rush Radiant Blush in Fresh Love, $3.99 / 8. Shadow: VS Makeup Eyeshadow Quad in "Ravishing" (purples) and "Satisfied" (greys), $18 / 9. Liner: Beauty Rush Precision Liner in Hot Slate, $3.99 / 10. Brows: Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette, $20 / 11. Mascara: VS Makeup Extra Lengthening Mascara in Blackest Black, $12 / 12. Lip: VS Makeup Perfect Lipstick in Wish, $13
More on Luckymag.com:
- Elizabeth Banks Blogs: Get Her Look from the European Hunger Games Premieres
- Elizabeth Banks Blogs: Getting the Look For the What to Expect When You're Expecting Premiere
- Elizabeth Banks Blogs: Fashion Round Up
- Elizabeth Banks Lets Us Peek Inside Her Closet
- Our Favorite Looks From the MTV Movie Awards—And How to Get Them
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine