Karl Lagerfeld Creates Makeup That He'll Want to Paint With
Next November, Shu Uemura cosmetics will release a special holiday collection with Karl Lagerfeld—a collaboration that, unlike his work on helicopters for AgustaWestland or gig as a scenographer, actually makes sense. According to WWD, the designer has used the brand's makeup to paint his fashion illustrations for over 20 years because, "other manufacturers do not offer such beautiful colors."
Details on the products themselves are still tightly guarded, but it's been confirmed that the Kaiser already chose the colors and shot the campaign. Given his lengthy and somewhat unusual history with the company, we are very curious to see how the capsule line will be advertised. Do you think he'll incorporate drawings done in the lipstick and eyeliner? We hope so—how about you?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Brazilian Wunderkind Pedro Lourenco on His Melissa Collaboration—And Why the Bomber Jacket is the Thing
- Trina Turk for Banana Republic Is Here: Shop Our Favorite Pieces Now
- Shop the Red Carpet: Chanel's Little Black Jacket Exhibit
- Gucci Bought a Horse (of Course)!
- Summer Packing Guide: The North Fork
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine