Rehearsal Dinner Style: 20 Pretty Dresses for the Bride-to-Be
The following is a guest post from our friends at Fab Sugar.
Before the big day comes the wedding rehearsal (and subsequent dinner), and you want to look equally as chic as you will for the real thing. Your rehearsal look should be pretty and sophisticated, but more lighthearted and less formal than your gown—after all, it's a nice dinner, but not that nice. We got great rehearsal dress shopping tips from some of our own experts. See what they had to say:
- PopSugar's (and esteemed Sugar bride) Lauren Turner on tradition: "A lot of brides wear white to their rehearsal dinners, but some don't. I went with a fitted cobalt blue cocktail dress because I wanted something that looked nothing like my wedding gown. It's really a personal preference."
- TrèsSugar's Tara Block on her rehearsal dress: "It had a bejeweled Peter Pan collar that made it a bit dressy, but overall it was pretty casual. I was even able to wear it again to the [Sugar Inc.] holiday party."
- TrèsSugar's Tara Block on using your rehearsal as an excuse to give your wedding shoes a spin: "I know some brides that wore their wedding shoes to the rehearsal dinner, to break them in before the big day. Basically, the bride shouldn't be afraid to be the dressiest one there!"
Smart tips, right? So whether your dinner is a five-star restaurant, casual eatery or backyard BBQ, you shouldn't be afraid to shine. We've rounded up 20 rehearsal dress options—some white and some bright—that are sure to set you apart during your run-through celebration.
More on Luckymag.com:
More on Fabsugar.com:
- 15 Bold Collar Necklaces That Deserve to Be Worn With Your Summer Best
- Listen Up! Here's How to Do Bonnaroo on a Budget
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine