Sale Mania: Don't Let These June Markdowns Pass You By
Summer's almost here, and with it, end-of-season sales. June is when all the big name retailers, major designers and expensive little boutiques start to slash prices—a steady trend that lasts until the end of August. However, if you want a full selection of sizes and styles, you shouldn't wait too long before browsing. To help you navigate the sudden influx of discounted options, we've found the 10 best markdowns happening this month. Scroll down to start shopping now.
1. Net-a-porter.com: We already reported on this one, but the wide selection of designer markdowns are worth a second mention. Right now the site has all sorts of apparel and accessories from incredible designers, like Isabel Marant and Carven, marked up to 50 percent off.
2. Bird.com: This Brooklyn-based boutique's sales are rare, but really good when when they happen. As of this week, the store has begun to mark down spring items from designers like Thakoon and Suno to make room for the fall collections—discounts run up to 40 percent off. Don't wait long before checking the selection, though. We've seen entire size runs sell out in a day.
3. Us.Asos.com: In honor of the Queen's Jubilee, this UK brand is offering 20 percent off select items from British labels like Fred Perry and Vivienne Westwood until June 6. There is also the site's very large on-going sale, updated weekly, with items up to 70 percent off.
4. Lagarconne.com: Pieces from editor favorite labels like Boy. by Band of Outsiders and Cacharel are slashed to anywhere between 30 percent to 70 percent off the original price.
5. Madewell.com: Since this casualwear company is already fairly affordable, many of its marked down options are under $100, which means you can buy more than one thing without blowing your entire paycheck. We're especially into this easy white dress because for only $89.99, we can buy these striped flats to wear with it.
6. Pringleofscotland.com: Although pieces from this luxe label's online sale are by no means cheap, the prices—some of which have been cut to half off—have gone from exorbitant to merely expensive. Which, considering the quality of craftmanship the brand is known for, is worth paying for something you'll wear forever.
7. Kirnazabete.com: Yes, this SoHo boutique is has a very affordable collection for Target in the works, but who can resist the real deal at a discount? Many items from the shop's covetable stock are up to 30 percent off right now, including hard-to-find pieces from Proenza Schouler, Jason Wu and Prabal Gurung.
8. 31philliplim.com: As of today, for a limited time, 40 percent has been taken off the designer's white, metallic and pastel hued Spring 2012 collections.
9. Barneys.com: Starting with discounts up to 40 percent off, Barneys New York has offically begun its designer sale. Stop by its re-vamped e-commerce site to browse a marked down selection of products for men, women, children and the home. (Which, uh, includes these Derek Lam pumps. Enough said.)
10. Piperlime.com: The multi-branded e-tailer's bi-annual "Lime Tag" sale is now in full swing, with up to 40 percent off pieces from its huge roster of contemporary labels, including Marc by Marc Jacobs and J Brand.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Madonna's MDNA Tour Costumes Were Made By Prada, Jeremy Scott and More: See The Looks and Shop Them For Yourself
- Kickin' It With Steve Madden, King of Kicks, at the Superga Party
- Summer Packing Guide: Africa
- Lucky Haul: This Blouse Looks Familiar
- Not Even Playing: Three New Fragrances From Comme des Garçons
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine