Elizabeth Banks Blogs: People Like Us at Paris Fashion Week
Elizabeth Banks takes risks on the red carpet and that's why we love her. Case in point: while out promoting her latest film, People Like Us, and taking in the Fall 2012 Haute Couture shows in Paris, we saw Banks in Asian and Hawaiin-inspired prints, a metallic cut-out dress, and fuschia platforms (not on the same night, of course!).
Click through to read what the actress' stylists, Wendi and Nicole Ferreira (@WendiandNicole), have to say about her latest looks.
1. LA Premiere of People Like Us: We loved this J. Mendel fall 2012 cocktail dress for the LA premiere as it was a perfect combination of all things Banks; with the flirty skirt, edgy cutout bodice and the metallic jaquard fabric. Gold plaited, black, Giuseppi Zanotti sandals, Vhernier earrings and bracelet and a Lena Erziak clutch completed the look.
2. Maui Film Festival: After traveling with Elizabeth for the WTEWYE tour and never finding the perfect placement, this resort Erdem dress ended up being worn for the most ideal event in Maui. We paired it with a Jimmy Choo nude Lucia wedge and Banks’ own jewelry.
3. The View and a press day in NYC: We had this Jill Stuart resort dress for a few months and always loved it. It wasn't until we found this perfect Barbara Bui tri-colored peep toe platform that the look finally came together. This was completed with Pippa Small statement earrings.
4. Fox & Friends press day in NY: Who would ever say no to a fuchsia fall Alexander McQueen? Not Banks and not us! This dress is effortless because it's knit but the intricate details and fine pleating make it extraordinary. A Dannijo Stella Bow Collar necklace added a little extra detail. The look was completed with Brian Atwood fuchsia lizard Karin platforms.
5. NYC Screening of People Like Us: On par with a big trend for Fall, this Elie Saab mock neck cocktail dress was perfect for New York City. Being backless was just an added bonus! The dress didn't require a lot of jewelry so the Cartier pearl and pave diamond ring was perfect. The Pierre Hardy metallic and suede strappy sandals and an Edie Parker clutch finished the look.
6. Good Morning America and More Press: We loved how fresh this House of Holland dress felt for summer with its current color blocked well placed chevron stripes. Simple Jenifer Meyer stick earrings and Brian Atwood Hamper pumps completed the look.
7. Obama Campaign Day: This Izmaylova dress was conservative and fashion-forward with the edgy leather details making it perfect for campaigning for Obama. The shape of these leather Christian Louboutin pumps made for an ideal pairing.
8. HFPA People Like Us Press Day: We love Jason Wu and so should you! This fall 2012 dress was a favorite due to the Asian-inspired print. The belt was a beautiful addition to his design. Christian Louboutin sandals polished off the look.
9. Fashion Week in Paris: Thanks to Lucio and the amazing Versace atelier, this custom dress was perfect for the Fall 2012 Versace Couture show! Versace shoes and clutch to match.
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER