11 Summer Shirtdresses That Also Work For Fall
The following is a guest post from our friends at Fab Sugar.
What better way to style yourself for the seasonal shift than with a shirtdress? It's a perfect in-between combination of low-key and ladylike (just look to the crisp collars and sweet prints) with a more glamorous dress twist (full-skirted or long and silky, you can play with hem length to give it a formal boost). Plus, talk about a piece with versatility. If you're in for another haul of hot, hot days, then pair your white poplin shirtdress with Grecian sandals and a straw fedora.
If you want to wear your laid-back sheath to work, then dress it up with polished loafers and a slick portfolio tote. Or if you're planning on taking this look to after-hours cocktails, add a sexy pair of lace-up wedges and a leather jacket. In the twilight of summer—and with fall just over the horizon—we've already scouted out 11 shirtdresses that will stick with us through it all. Click through to shop our editors' top picks now.
More on Fabsugar.com:
- Michelle Obama's Most Memorable Quotes on Fashion
- Your First Look at What's Trending on the Gossip Girl Season 6 Set
- What's Your Damage? How to Get the Heathers' Killer Schoolgirl Style
- Jessica Alba Breaks the Less-Is-More Accessories Rule—and We Love It
- All in the Family: 33 of Our Favorite Style-Setting Sisters
More on Luckymag.com:
- Download our Digital Edition
- Olympic Gymnasts Wear Crazy Eyeshadow
- Marilyn Monroe: Her Most Iconic Looks
- Dewy Summer Skin—All Over
- Try It: Steampunk Fashion
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine