Seven Sales to Start the Weekend Off Right
Okay, is it just me? Or did this week feel like it lasted, to quote that kid from the sleepover seen in The Sandlot, "FOR-EV-VUH?" To decompress after five days of hard work, I've been scanning the online sale scene for end-of-season scores. Join me! Below are seven great places to start—check them out and let me know in the comments section if you find anything else.
1. Intermix.com: On top of the already discounted selection of designer labels (including Rag & Bone, Kain and Equipment), an additional 40 percent is taken off at the register—which means total savings round out at 75 percent.
2. Shopbop.com: Every summer piece from the etailer's long roster of brands is discounted up to 70 percent off. That includes these printed pants from TEXTILE Elizabeth and James ($112.50 from $225) and a pair of Jil Sander pumps for $223.50 (originally $745) that I'd totally wear in the fall, too.
3. Shopgiejo.com: Okay, this one doesn't technically start until Monday, but I might need all weekend to make a strategy. Because, as of August 20, this amazing swimsuit brand—which is also carried at Barneys—is marking EVERYTHING on the site 70 percent off. Stock won't last long so make sure you're prepared, too!
4. Stevenalan.com: Along with lower priced pieces from its in-house label, there's a ginornmois assortment of brands (like Hansel from Basel, Lem Lem, Cacharel) and styles (including basic button downs, pleated short and breezy dresses) with discounted pricetags. And, with the code WELOVESUMMER30, you'll get an additional 30 percent off your sale order.
5. Us.asos.com: I feel like I'm always talking about this one, but that's just because the sale section is always so damn good. There are thousands of things to choose from right now and—since they are marked up to 50 percent off—the bulk of them cost less $100. (Or course, the jacket I'm eyeing isn't. But $383.18 for real shearling is still a great deal.)
6. Lordandtaylor.com: You hardly have to pay full price on anything at this department store right now. With the code STYLE, you'll get 15 percent off select regular and sale items—that includes pieces from brands like Splendid and Kensie. The same promotion also applies to the clearance section, except the discount is even bigger: 25 percent off.
7. Gap.com: Until tomorrow night at midnight, you'll receive an additional 25 percent off your purchase by using the code GAPFALL25. Take the opportunity to stock up on well made basics—the store is full of them right now, like this crisp white oxford or these dark skinny jeans—so you can save budget for a full price fall splurge. Also, if you have a little one that requires back-to-school shopping, all kid's uniforms and backpacks are 30 percent off until August 29.
More on Luckymag.com:
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine