Fashion's Night Out NYC: 10 Steps to the Perfect Evening
Fashion's Night Out in NYC should be a magical night of shopping and fashion fun. Which means it should not be spent searching for a signal to look up parties on your smartphone. This year, we've done the legwork for you and parsed through hundreds of events to create the perfect itinerary.
Here's out to have the best FNO ever, in 10 easy steps:
1. Topshop (478 Broadway, New York, NY 10013): Arrive when the festivities began, at 6 PM, to prepare for your big night out with free makeovers and nail art. When you leave, check the store's windows—Haim will be performing in them live the entire evening.
2. Madewell (486 Broadway, New York, NY 10013): You've covered makeup and nails—hair is next. Head up the block to the nearby Madewell (it's just a few store fronts away), where you can enjoy the Aveda braid bar while sipping cocktails and munching on sweets. And don't resist the urge to pick a little something up on the way out—every over $100 purchase will be rewarded with a free Birchbox.
3. Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet (431 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10014): Keep walking north on Broadway and veer left on Spring Street until you hit the C/E subway station at 6th Avenue. Take the train to 14th Street and walk west until you reach the Alice + Olivia boutique for a...slumber party! Set to the beat of '80s music, there'll be braid bars, manicure stations, charm bracelet crafts and tattoo booths. Also, aura and palm readers will be available for consultations between pillow fights.
4. DVF (874 Washington Street, New York, NY 10014): Keep heading deeper into the Meatpacking District until you hit the DVF store on Washington Street. Here you'll find a party hosted by Girl's Allison Williams and Vogue's Meredith Melling Burke. Don't stay too long—there's still lots of places to visit—but be sure to enjoy the music DJ-ed by Solange Knowles, makeup touch-ups from MAC artists, readings from a fortune teller and tasty refreshments before you leave.
5. Opening Ceremony at Ace Hotel (1190-1192 Broadway, New York, NY 10001): You should be about halfway through with the night at this point, so it's definitely time to head north. If you can't catch a cab, hop the F/M train at 6th Avenue and 14th and take it straight to 34th Street. When you get off, head a couple blocks down to 30th and Broadway to do Karaoke with Opening Ceremony at the Ace Hotel.
6. Macy's Herald Square (151 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001): Just a few blocks up from the OC party is a bunch of freebies and celebrity appearances at Macy's. Pop in to chat with Keeping Up With the Kardashians star Scott Disick in the Men's Lounge, see Bethenny Frankel promote her Skinnygirl Smoothers line and answer fashion trivia with Michael Kors.
7. Lord & Taylor (424 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018): Another department store filled with celeb spottings and activities, just a few more blocks uptown. Here you'll get to see Kim Kardashian (and tell her about all the ridiculous things Scott is doing and saying down at Macy's), Real Housewife of NYC Jill Zarin, past Project Runway contestants and former Olympic Gold Medallist Kristi Yamagushi.
8. Bergdorf Goodman (754 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10019): Keep walking up 5th Avenue for the next leg on your trip—a stop inside one of Manhattan's most luxurious department stores, Bergdorf Goodman. The most fun will be found in the 5F department, where photo booths streaming images straight to Tumblr will be set up and 5th/58th astrologers Amy Zerner and Monte Farber will be doing tarot readings.
9. L.K.Bennett (10 Columbus Circle, Manhattan, NY 10019): If you're too tipsy from all those free drinks to walk, hail a cab and head west toward Kate and Pippa's favorite shoe brand's only US store. Here, you will be given a ride in a Britian-themed double decker bus (during which, you'll receive more champagne and food prepared by chef Gordon Ramsay's team) over to The London NYC.
10. The London NYC (151 West 54th Street, New York, NY, 10019): Um, book yourself a suite, order some room service and pass out. You'd had too much alcohol and are carrying way too many bags to bother with getting home. And congratulations—you've just had the perfect Fashion's Night Out!
More on Luckymag.com:
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER