Marilyn Minter Collaborates With the Mondrian SoHo on Stiletto-centric Wallpaper
It's one thing to line your walls with shoes—and trust us, many a square-footage-strapped New Yorker does so—but photos of shoes? Well, if the pictured footwear in question comes courtesy of celebrated artist Marilyn Minter, it's a whole different story. As a sort of creative salute to New York Fashion Week glamour, Minter has teamed up with the folks at the Mondrian Soho in NYC to wrap their hotel's lobby with her work Kicksilver (pictured above).
The large-scale image, which depicts stilettos splashing around in silver vodka (metallics are Minter's signature, after all), will be unveiled on September 13 at the end of Fashion Week. Can't make it to Soho to see the installation (pictured below)? No worries—you can purchase your very own Marilyn Minter wallpaper right here. Your apartment walls won't even know what hit 'em.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Marc by Marc Jacobs' New Elizabeth Peyton Tee Is a Stroke of Genius
- Anna Dello Russo Loves Herself a Fashion Shower
- Simon Doonan and Anna Sui Chat About Supermodels, Vintage Shopping and Karl Lagerfeld
- Music Mood Board: Chris Benz's Spring 2013 Playlist
- Fashion's Night Out NYC: 10 Steps to the Perfect Evening
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER