House of Style, Episode 1: Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls Take On Paris Fashion Week
After months of anticipation and over a decade off the air, MTV's rebooted House of Style is back at last! This time around, as we reported back in September, Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls have taken over the hosting duties once held by Cindy Crawford and company—and let us say, the girls are every bit as cheerful and charismatic as we'd hoped they'd be. The debut episode, which clocks in at just under 10 minutes long, follows the pair of young supes around Paris Fashion Week. And it's pretty incredible how the genetically-blessed twosome maintain their high energy while dashing from fittings with Jean Paul Gaultier to personal training sessions to Carine Roitfeld's "Le Bal" for M.A.C. In between their runway gigs and photoshoots, Karlie and Joan manage to snag interviews with everyone from Mario Testino to M.I.A. Below, the best tidbits and takeaways from the first episode:
- Karlie Kloss claims she "still gets butterflies" every time she hits the runway. Apparently even the best legs in the biz don't make you immune to good old-fashioned nerves.
- Joan wasn't 100% sure she'd be opening Stella McCartney's show until the morning of—often, looks are switched and swapped at the very last minute. We think Stella made the right call in assigning her Look 1.
- Back in high school, Karlie was a full foot-and-a-half taller than her classmates—including her prom date. Oh, the plight of the willowy!
- As a child, Joan was so insecure about her "extremely skinny legs" that she doubled up on knee-high socks to try and add bulk to her calves. Um, we'd be happy to switch places with her. Just sayin'.
- The trick to surviving Paris Fashion Week? Send in reinforcements in the form of loved ones. For Joan, it's her boyfriend; for Karlie, her sister.
- As a model, one occasionally gets the opportunity to wear a fedora with built-in Michael Jackson bangs.
Watch the whole episode below!
Get More: MTV House Of Style
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER