Black Friday 2012: Post-Turkey Shopping and Today's Best Sales
If yesterday is any indication, neither a turkey tryptophan stupor nor belly full of apple crisp will stand between an eager holiday shopper and their doorbuster deals. As many stores decided to start Black Friday before its actual calender date, teams of deal-hunters reportedly went out post-Thanksgiving dinner, ready to save big.
One of the most popular destinations last night was Toys R Us, particularly the brand's NYC branch. CNN Money writes that crowds started to gather at the toy store's Times Square location about four hours ahead of its 8 PM Thanksgiving sales event. Those queued up in the cold were richly rewarded inside though, with promotions such as "buy one get one" offers on video games.
The 'Marts (as in K and Wal), Target and Macy's were also jam-packed across the country yesterday evening. Although, unlike past years, no one got trampled or punched.
"There's no stress, no bustling, no people busting down doors," one contented shopper told Reuters.com. Another said, "I think it's better earlier. People are crazier later at midnight."
While Black Friday started a several hours early this year, its festivities are far from over. There's still a day's worth of once-a-year kind of deals to enjoy, many of which don't require long waits or navigating crowds. Almost every e-tailer is having a killer sale right now. Some are so good that frankly, I'm not sure if anything will be left for Cyber Monday! Below, the top 11 I've been browsing all morning:
1. Openingceremony.us: The designer emporium just announced its first wave of Fall 2012 season discounts, starting with hundreds of products up to 40 percent off. (These have joined some even more affordable Spring/Summer 2012 pieces on the site's website, slashed up to 70 percent off.) The women's section, last I checked, had 807 items from a wide array of brands like B Store, Kenzo and Repetto, along with plenty of items from it's in-house labels. Also, since most things are freshly marked down, they have full size runs. Yeah, that won't last long.
2. Pier1.com: If all those cute "Find what speaks to you" television commercials with the talking penguin ornaments and chatty candle stick holders don't get you, maybe this will: 25 percent off all scarves/wraps, throws, jewelry and jewelry stands. Also, Christmas wrap and bath gifts will be 20 percent off.
3. Net-a-porter: YEEEES! It's that magical time of year again when Net-a-porter has it's bi-annual sale. Right now there's up to 50 percent available on designer alike Derek Lam, Chloe and Miu Miu...so why are you still reading this and not buying stuff yet?
4. Jcrew.com: Everything, yes everything including J.Crew collection and the "labels we love" section, is 25 percent off with the code COLOR25 through this Sunday and shopping is free on orders over $150.
5. Madewell.com: Same deal as J.Crew—25 off the entire she-bang, only here, the code is TREAT. This sale lasts a little longer, too—until Monday, November 26.
6. Jamesperse.com: For its private online sample sale, there's pullovers, basic button downs and tons of T-shirts—all snuggly soft and all up to 40 percent off.
7. Rebeccataylor.com: Right now straight on through Cyber Monday, select pieces will be up to 70 percent off with free shipping on domestic orders over $150—just use the code RTEXTRA2512 at the checkout. This is especially handy if you're looking for something to wear to a bunch of holiday parties coming up. There's lot of marked down silk dresses that would make you look real good while sipping champange and downing canapes.
8. Revolveclothing.com: Much like Shopbop.com (which you can read more about in our other Black Friday round-up), the e-tailer is operating a tiered sale system. With the code, CYBERWEEKEND, $100 purchases will be $15 off, $250 orders are $50 off, $125 is taken off every $500 buy and for spending $1,000, you'll save $250.
9. Charmandchain.com: 25 percent off all orders under $250 and 30 percent off for those above means you can afford a sparkly bauble for your mom/best friend/sister AND yourself.
10. Us.asos.com: Until this Sunday, with the code BLACKFRIDAYBONUS, you'll get 20 percent your entire purchase so long as you spend under $875. Also, each customer can only use this coupon once, so make sure you've added EVERYTHING your little heart desires to the shopping cart before checking out—cause you won't get another chance. (Well, at least not until Cyber Monday, when the company will most likely release another great promotion. But do you really want to risk the perfect LBD for your size selling out first?)
11. Osborndesign.com: Every pair of Greenpoint-designed/hand-crafted in Guatemala oxfords, booties and sandals will be 40 percent off with the code GIVING until Sunday night.
- FILED UNDER