Proenza Schouler's 'Desert Tide' Video Has Model Avatars and Purple Dolphins
After comparing the very similar "Sea Punk" imagery in Azealia Banks' Atlantis video and a recent SNL performance of Rihanna's, we noticed that Proenza Schouler's just-released "Desert Tide" short is also centered around trippy digital animation. The mini film reflects the brand's internet-inspired Spring 2013 collection by featuring three Proenza-girl avatars (statuesque brunettes with bedhead and booties) partaking in what seems to be a ritualistic dance against a web art background, complete with a purple sky and matching dolphins.
Seeing as this is the third time we've noticed intentionally amateur looking graphics in less than a week, we'd hazard to say it's officially a trend—will you participate? Check out the following clip and let us know in the comments below.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Rihanna and Azealia Banks Share a Love of Oversized Jackets, Combat Boots and Trippy Digital Graphics
- Proenza Schouler Is Opening Its First Ever Store Tomorrow
- Which Denim Jacket Is Better: Proenza Schouler vs. J.Crew
- Proenza Schouler's Got a Brand-New Bag—You Just Can't See It Until November
- Spring 2013: The 50 Best Collections
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER