Simon Doonan’s Number One Tip for Planning Holiday Party Outfits
When the entire room is staring at Sarah Jessica Parker in custom lace Mickey Mouse ears, it's hard to get noticed. But Simon Doonan did just that last night at Barneys' Electric Holiday celebration, thrown in honor of the luxury department store's collaboration with Disney.
Dressed in a Margiela fur coat and ruffle-front button-up, he was looking pretty festive—and feeling it, too.
"It’s important to look ridiculous. Don’t hold back," was his advice on what to wear to your next party. "The holidays are not a time for subtlety. That’s why I threw on ruffles and a fur coat—it’s a little Vegas, a little Hollywood, a little Disney. You’ve gotta go over the top."
We couldn't agree more. Click through to shop items inspired by Doonan's joie de vivre.
More from Luckymag.com:
- Simon Doonan and Anna Sui Chat About Supermodels, Vintage Shopping and Karl Lagerfeld
- Barneys' Electric Holiday: Peep Every Product From the Disney Collaboration
- Fashion's Faces Get the Disney Treatment at Barneys New York
- Rachel Zoe, Simon Doonan and More Design Wrapping Paper For One King's Lane
- Fist Bump Lessons from Simon Doonan
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER