Which Celebrities Went Hat Crazy At The Kentucky Derby?
It appears that none of the celebrities attending last Saturday's 139th Kentucky Derby had time to read our post on non-theme-y race day outfits. Their looks ranged from camp-y to crazy to I-stole-this-from-Scarlett-O'Hara's-closet-y; each hat was bigger than the next, each dress a little more dated.
But, whatever. Aside from Halloween, royal weddings and saloon-themed photo booths, it's the one occasion at which umbrella-sized headgear and mid-century debutante styles are socially acceptable—so the urge is understandable. And heck, if someone gave us a spot by the tracks, we'd probably show up looking like an extra from Steel Magnolias' wedding scene, too.
Still, free passes aside, you guys have got to see some of these stars' getups, especially from the shoulders on up. Click through for five questionable ensembles now—and let us know if and when you'd wear any of them. (Maybe only after a few mint juleps, right?)
More on Luckymag.com:
- The 40 Most Over-the-Top Met Ball Looks of the Past Decade
- 10 Career-Changing Chops That Make The Case For Going Short
- You'll Want to Wear This Outfit Every Night, All Season Long
- Why One-Piece Swimsuits Are The Best
- Why Jordan Baker is The Great Gatsby's REAL Style Star
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER