9 Things We Learned At The 2013 CFDA Awards
The CFDA awards is one of the most important nights in the fashion industry. It is where designers, editors, writers and friends of the industry come together to award the brightest talent in the business. Next to the Met Ball, it also has one of the best-dressed red carpets in the world. Excitement is always high and the room is always full of friendly faces, no matter who wins or who loses. The 2013 awards just wrapped and here's what we learned:
1. Oscar de la Renta wants Hillary Clinton to run for President in 2016. Crowd agrees.
2. Hillary Clinton has toyed with the idea of a Bravo show called "Project Pantsuit."
3. Andy Cohen once played a Barneys shoe salesman on Sex and the City.
4. Success is about leading, succeeding and sometimes failing—according to Ralph Lauren.
5. Vera Wang has slowly taken the fashion industry over and we didn't even know it. We learned so when she received her lifetime achievement award.
6. Coco Rocha is not easily impressed on a date, we'd expect nothing less.
7. Alexander Wang once wore bunny ears and a tutu, not even a little bit of a joke. The genius, it was always there.
8. Bergdorf Goodman's Linda Fargo has no fear and can still wear a cutout dress with the best of them.
9. It's almost pointless to pick a "best-dressed" at the CFDA Awards, there is no finer red carpet in town. But, we'll do it anyway.
- Seven Pretty Espadrilles for Non-Pedicured Days
- 30 Perfect June Outfits
- Your Go-To Jewelry Guide: What to Wear With Every Neckline
- Pretty Flats That Won't Hurt Your Feet
- 100 Ways to Wear Cutoffs
For biting wit, follow John on Twitter: Follow @johnjannuzzi
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
image c/o CFDA instagram
- FILED UNDER