THE SEARCH FOR A NEW LUCKY LIFESTYLE CONTRIBUTOR
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins 12:01 AM ET on 7/15/11 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 11/15/11, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY. The “The Search For A New Lucky Lifestyle Contributor” (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and their immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. Sponsor may conduct a background check on any entrant. If an entrant has committed or commits any act or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which brings or may bring the entrant into public disrepute or that may reflect unfavorably upon Sponsor, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the entrant. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All entrants will be eligible to participate in the first and second Challenges. Voting by the public will be encouraged but no qualifying entries will be eliminated at this stage. Beginning with the third Challenge, the results of the public voting during that round will determine who advances to the fourth Challenge and becomes a semi-finalist (the number of semi-finalists will be determined by Sponsor). In the fourth Challenge, the public voting will again determine who advances to the fifth Challenge and becomes a finalist (there will be between 10 and 20 finalists, as determined by Sponsor). On or about 11/23/11, the winner will be chosen by a combination of (i) public voting in the fifth (and final) Challenge and (ii) judging. The public vote in the final Challenge will count for 25% with each finalist awarded a number of points proportionate to the number of votes received; a total of 25 of these “public vote” points will be divided among the finalists. The judging will be performed by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: originality 37% and creativity 38%. The judges will review the finalists’ Submissions for all the Challenges in which the finalist chose to participate (four or five, depending on whether the finalist chose to enter one of both of the first and second Challenges). In the event of a tie, the Submission with the highest score in the originality criteria will be declared the winner. Potential semi-finalists, finalists or the winner may be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential semi-finalist, finalist or winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within two (2) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential semi-finalist, finalist or winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential semi-finalist, finalist or winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential semi-finalist, finalist or winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared a “semi-finalist”, “finalist” or “winner” of the Promotion.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) winner. The prize is $10,000 and the opportunity to contribute articles to Lucky as well as collaborate with Editor in Chief Brandon Holley and her team. Winner will be assigned at least three (3) articles in a six (6) month period. Sponsor does not guarantee that any article will be published. All transportation, accommodations, meals, , telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included. The approximate retail value of the prize is $10,000. No additional payment beyond the $10,000 will be made for written or other contributions
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. (a) All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Promotion constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration of the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission. Any ideas submitted may be used by Sponsors with no further obligation to the entrant. (b) The winner will be required to sign a work-made-for-hire agreement in which the winner agrees that Conde Nast owns all copyright and other rights to any articles or other material the winner submits.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering or voting in the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner and his/her Submission for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; (iii) any semi-finalist or potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity/copyright release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the semi-finalist or potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries/that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries/votes will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry/voting process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter/vote is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries/votes received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages..
- WINNER LIST. For a list containing the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Judging Date, to: Winner List, [“The Search For A New Lucky Lifestyle Contributor” Contest, 4 Times Square, 6th floor, New York, NY 10036.
- SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Revlon Consumer Products Corporation 237 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017 and Conde Nast, 4 Times Square, 6th Floor New York, NY 10036 (individually and collectively, the “Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. For full rules, visit luckylifeeditor.com. 12:01 AM ET on 7/15/11 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 11/15/11 when all entries must be received. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States/DC 18 or older, except employees of Sponsors, their immediate families and those living in the same household. Void outside the 50 United States/DC and where prohibited. One prize: A.R.V. $10,000. No additional payment beyond the $10,000 will be made for written or other contributions. This Promotion is sponsored by Revlon Consumer Products Corporation and Conde Nast.