Lucky's December issue
LUCKY'S ANNUAL HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE We feature over 80 items, with something for every budget:
- Go for Girly Vintage if you're looking for feminine pieces with a slightly tough edge.
- Bright Ethnic items are a brilliant winter pick-me-up.
- The contemporary, cheeky takes on British culture make Anglomania super-fun.
- For those with the planet in mind, choose something sleek and Eco-Friendly.
- Beautiful things can be a bargain; we have a bunch for Under $25.
- Modern Minimalist styles are the ultimate mix of form and function.
ON OUR COVER Keri Russell gives us many reasons to love her as a cover girl, but among her fabulous qualities is her passion for a smart buy. The 32-year-old actress, who appears this month with Adam Sandler in the comedy Bedtime Stories, was immediately drawn to the Gatsby-esqe gown that ended up on our cover. "The detailed beading and cut around the neck...it's like something from a Paris couturier," Russell said. And when she learned it was under $300 and from Banana Republic, she adored it even more. "It's important that fashion be reasonable. So it's great to find something as special and accessible as this."
DEAL HUNTING This is the perfect season for lush, cozy lounge wear, check out the comfortable, budget-friendly items we found that are ideal for hanging around on cold days. From socks to scarves, we've got you covered.
PARTY READY These are our favorite ways to stand out for evening, from effortlessly low-key to all-out spectacular and each one easy to pull off.
- Bright and Long Dresses
- '70s Cocktail
- Rocker Tuxedo
- Modern Grecian
- Dark Metallics
- '60s-ish Separates
- Statement Fur
- Black and White
CURATIVE BODY CREAMS For seriously dry skin, these new formulas are gentle and unbelievably moisturizing.
FOUR SIGNATURE VINTAGE LOOKS These New York shopkeepers curate their boutiques based on their totally unique, finely tuned aesthetics, sharing the secrets behind their can't-miss styles, including '30s Bohemian, '70s Sexy, Sharp '40s, and Slick '90s.
ACCESSORIES REPORT Accessories are all about making a statement and we highlight two sparkly ways to kick up your look:
- Jeweled Sandals Adorned with stones and baubles, these strappy shoes bring a festive glamour to even the most low-key outfits.
- Brooches Pinned elgeantly onto jackets, lapels, or blouses, these transmit and arty-British-girl chic.