Lucky's January issue
THE NEXT BIG THINGS Our annual, all-inclusive preview of the pieces, trends, and designers we're excited about for 2008 including:
- New talent: Our favorite up-and-coming lines include Ever, All Dressed Up, Frank Tell, Dolan, and Nino Bauti
- Bag obsessions: We're smitten with the briefcase shape, and just-launched bag collections from Velvetine, Gary Graham, and Development by Erica Davies
- What we all want: 2008's key pieces include a layered silk dress, a sequined miniskirt, a tribal necklace, a short-sleeved cardigan, and a white tuxedo jacket
- We're betting on: Trends we love include sea-themed jewelry, skinny army pants, asymmetrical dresses - and the newly revamped line Biba
- Shoe obsessions: Bold new shapes include peep-toe shoe/booties and pointy-toe penny loafers, plus everything from the line Pour La Victoire
ON OUR COVER Blake Lively professes a lifelong love of fashion: "Growing up, I was constantly borrowing clothes from my older sisters," she says. "Now that I'm on Gossip Girl, the wardrobe is so amazing and inspiring, it's opened a whole new style gateway for me." In addition to her work on the hit show, the 20-year-old actress will also be seen later this year in the film The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.
BEST WEBSITES 40 under-the-radar retailers offer an outstanding selection of eclectic finds. Our guide to the best websites you've (probably) never heard of.DO IT YOURSELF MAKEOVER Our creative director Andrea Linett enlists her friend, in-demand Hollywood makeup artist Robin Fredriksz, to give a master class in the surprisingly easy, natural-but-stunningly-gorgeous look she's famous for.
RICH, BRIGHT COLORS Our hottest tip for a great winter look? Revamp your wardrobe effortlessly by mixing clothes in vibrant shades.
DO GOOD WHILE YOU SHOP Stylish pieces you can buy guilt-free, since the proceeds go to supporting poverty awareness. Donations are based on sales between December 4, 2007, and February 4, 2008.
LUCKY HOW-TO Tons of expert tricks, including advice for pairing crewneck sweaters with A-line skirts, what to look for in a dropwaist dress, and our in-house secret on how to travel with your jewelry.