Five Surprising Color Combos You Never Thought You Could Wear
When you stop thinking in black and white (and tan and cream, and red and navy), your outfit options will triple—and so will the compliments you receive daily.
Discover five new ways to expand your hue-mixing horizons now, in the slideshow below.
The clothes: So long as each shade is truly a jewel tone, this pairing should work every time; when in doubt, look for pieces in luxury materials, like silk or velvet. Since the colors are already quite regal, fancy fabric will enhance the effect.
The accessories: I like the way black that makes the crimson/purple combo a little more causal, but any sort of metallic will also work—especially for black-tie occasions. Tans, creams and "nature-y" hues in general, however, should be avoided.
More on Luckymag.com:
- The 10 Types of Outfits You See at Coachella
- How to Mix Florals and Stripes
- 30 Perfect Spring Outfits
- The Spring Edit: Our Editors' Top Picks of the Season
- 12 Prom-Perfect Dresses Inspired By Hollywood's Most Iconic Moments
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER