Why You Should Trade Wedge Sneakers For Slip-On Skater Shoes
The following is a guest post from our friends at POPSUGAR Fashion.
We've been wearing the same worn-out, seen-better-days pair of Vans that's been in our closet since college, but always as a casual, comfy option—never because it was actually stylish. Then, a funny thing happened. Lookbooks starring models styled in slip-on sneaks started crossing our desks, like these pics from Madewell, and Céline released an ultraluxe version that bloggers and editors flipped for (@MoshaMosha tweeted some on-the-ground reporting back in March: "Grace Coddington grocery shopping in her Céline sneakers. Love my hood."). Now, we're suddenly eyeing those faded, threadbare kicks with new eyes.
We've rounded up some of our favorite pairs, from $55 original Vans to a price-upon-request ponyhair style. Whether or not you want to head to the skate park after you've put them on is a personal choice. Visit POPSUGAR Fashion to shop everything now.
source: Instagram user frivoliciouz
More from POPSUGAR Fashion:
- Three New Ways to Wear a Vest
- Don't Sweat It! 50 Finds For Your Hot Summer Nights—All Under $50
- Behati, Doutzen, Kate and Karolina: Behold the Best Model-Off-Duty Looks
- Stop, Collaborate and Listen: The Fall Designer Launches We're Loving
- Think You Can't Wear a Turban Headband? Eva Mendes Shows You How
More on Luckymag.com:
- Fancy-Up Your Ears: Mix & Match Studs
- 25 Delicate, Everyday Accessories We Found On Etsy
- What Our Editor-in-Chief Eva Chen Is Buying Right Now
- The Best (and Prettiest!) Shoes For Every Kind of Workout
- Rihanna's Rogue Perfume Bottle Is Lined With Spikes
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine
- FILED UNDER