Seven simple steps to an organized closet.
Putting it together:
- You need to be able to see what you're doing. Move everything onto the bed and separate those items that need to visit the tailor or cobbler.
- Put your favorite pieces back in the closet, sorted into categories. Place those you wear the most (office pants, jeans, day dresses) in the most accessible location.
- Once items are sorted by category, sort them by color.
- Invest in uniform hangers; we like the super-thin Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers for tops (available at hsn.com) and basic clips for skirts and pants.
- Shoes should be arranged in clear, stacking drawers or a wire grid system on the back of the closet door.
- All sweaters should be buttoned, folded, and stacked, with the bulkiest on the bottom to create sturdy piles.
- Make sure all of your clothing is clean before submitting it to long-term storage in your closet. And remove all items from dry-cleaning bags—they can trap chemicals that can break down fibers.
more on luckymag.com
Everything you'll need for a perfect shoreside weekend, found.
None of them are over $12!
Don't hit the beach this summer without reading this first.
A colorful, comfortable way to give back? We're so there.
They've already started, so get involved.